Terms and Conditions
1. GENERAL – All proposals, contracts, and/or written agreements are valid for sixty (60) days. Documents must be signed by Customer and a representative from Rhinos Contracting LLC (“Contractor”) to become effective. Contractor must receive initial deposit prior to commencement of work.
2. PAYMENT – Customer shall pay Contractor according to written agreement. Initial deposit shall be paid at commencement of work. Final payment shall be due and paid in full upon completion of all work, unless otherwise specified. If Customer fails to make payment, Contractor has the right to lien Customer’s property or shall have the right to bring any and all legal actions against Customer in conformity with applicable law. Contractor shall additionally be entitled to retain all moneys previously paid by Customer and recover all costs, losses, lost profits, damages and expenses incurred; including, but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees.
3. CHANGE ORDERS – Customer may issue additional instructions; or require additional work or request the omission of work previously specified in a form of a Change Order. Customer shall be responsible to pay prior to the performance of any additional work for all Change Orders authorized by Customer and accepted by Contractor. Change Orders must be in writing and signed to protect Customer, other contractor (if applicable) and Rhinos Contracting LLC. Change Order form accepted via email or text.
4. INDEMNIFICATION – Customer shall indemnify and hold Contractor harmless, assume legal liability for and, at Contractor’s option, defend Contractor, its agents, employees, officers, directors, sureties, subcontractors, suppliers, servants and insurers from any claim or action arising out of, or alleged to arise out of (i) Customers breach of any term, condition, or representation in this contract and (ii) arising out of or related to any claims, actions, awards, liabilities or damages for any injury to person or personal property incurred by anyone, including but not limited to Customer’s invitees and/or guests, on the property during the period of work. Customer shall also reimburse Contractor for any court costs, attorney’s fees, settlement, judgment, or other expense that Contractor, or employees, may pay, or become obligated to pay, in connection with any such claim or action.
5. WORK SATISFACTION – If work is not satisfactory, Customer shall allow Contractor to remedy and/or correct any issue related to the workmanship. If Customer hires another company without prior written agreement with Contractor, then Contractor will not be responsible and any and all expenses or costs will not be reimbursed nor valid in any claim.
6 . COLOR MATCH – Contractor shall match color as close as possible to original color. Contractor shall have the sole discretion and right to substitute comparable materials and such substitution shall not affect the contract price. An additional price, however; will apply if colors are changed by Customer after work has begun.
7. ETHICS – Contractor will not tolerate any act of racism, homophobia, aggression or verbal abuse against its workers. Contractor will reserve the right
to immediately terminate the job and if applicable; will proceed with a suit against the offending party.
8. WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS – Contractor shall provide Customer with a (2) two year warranty and will be effective only during the Warranty Period against defects in the quality of workmanship. Customer hereby releases Contractor from any and all liability from and after the Warranty Period. Contractor will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship. Contractor shall not be responsible for galvanized metal surfaces, rust, and cracks on drywall, stucco, wood or plaster. Mechanical damages resulting from use of chemical or cleaning products. Damage caused from fire smoke, extreme weather conditions, vandalism, negligence or other damage due to ordinary wear and tear or abusive use. Defects thatare the result of characteristics common to the materials used or paint failure due to adhesion issues with previous applications, paint failure due to past or present moisture damage. Contractor’s warranties are not transferable and shall terminate upon Customer’s resale or transfer of the Property. Contractor disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranty of workmanlike construction, implied warranty of habitability, implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or use, or any implied warranty of merchantability. Customer agrees that Contractor will not provide any warranty on materials provided by Customer.
9. FORCE MAJUERE – Contractor shall not be liable for work delays due to acts of God, acts of government, fires, floods, accidents, material or supply shortages, out of stock, weather conditions, change orders, or other causes beyond Contractor’s control.
10. PERSONAL PROPERTY – Customer is responsible of removing picture/art frames and any other fragile items from work areas. Should Contractor need to remove personal property from the work area, an additional reasonable charge shall be assessed. Contractor may refuse to move any heavy items, such as furniture near the work areas if there is risk of worker injury.
10a. PETS – Customer is responsible of restraining and/or removing pets from work areas to avoid injury or loss.
10b. BROKEN ITEMS – Customer must notify the same day or while still working on the property, in writing (email or text) of any damaged or broken items caused by workers, show before and after pictures with date and time.
10c. PICTURES – Contractor will take pictures of any damaged or broken items found in or near work areas prior to commencement of work as a form of protection against any accusation or claim.
11. ALARM SYSTEM – Alarms shall be turned off while work is in progress.
12. ASSIGNMENT – All forms of payments must be received by a Supervisor from Contractor or an assigned worker at your property. Otherwise, please make payments in person or by mail at Contractors office.
13. MARKETING – Contractor may take before and after pictures of the project to publish in social media for marketing purposes. Please notify Contractor in advance if you do not want pictures of your property displayed.
14. DISCOUNTS AND PROMOTIONS – The discount or promotion is only valid for one client at the time of signing the contract. Discount or promotion will not apply after contract has been signed. In such case, the discount or promotion will be applicable upon receipt of the second or final payment.
15. GOVERNING LAW – This contract, and all rights and duties of Contractor and Customer shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada. Any claims, causes of action or suits by Customer shall be brought in Clark County.
16. RESIDENTIAL RECOVERY FUND – Payment may be available from the Recovery Fund if you are damaged financially by a project performed on your residence pursuant to a contract, including construction, remodeling, repair, or other improvements, and the damage resulted from certain specified violations of Nevada Law by a contractor licensed in this State. To obtain information relating to the Recovery Fund and filing a claim for recovery from the Recovery Fund, you may contact the State Contractors’ Board at the following location: State Contractors’ Board, 2310 Corporate Circle, Suite 200, Henderson, NV 89074, Telephone: (702) 486-1100.